We primarily craft our jewelry with high quality 14k gold fill components. Gold fill pieces are just a step down from solid gold. For many customers, they offer the ideal balance of price and quality.
Now you have your gold fill jewelry, but how do you properly care for it?
It’s actually quite simple to keep your gold fill and rose gold fill jewelry looking shiny and new 🤩
3 Easy Ways To Clean your Gold Fill Jewelry:
No. 1 : Mild Soap + Warm Water
- Fill a small bowl with warm water and mix in some mild soap. Soak your jewelry for a bout 1 minute.
- Use an ultra-soft tooth brush to scrub the chain, making sure to really get into the gaps where dirt and product like to build up; avoid scrubbing a bar or pendant as it could scratch. You can also carefully move the chain in between your fingers to remove build up if you don’t have a soft brush.
- Rinse off your jewelry a few times under luke warm water to fully remove all soap.
- Pat fully dry with a soft cloth before storing.
No. 2 : Soft Polishing Cloth
- Your jewelry might have come with a small polishing cloth that is safe for use on gold fill, sterling silver and brass or copper jewelry. This cloth is great for shining up your personalized bars, discs and other metal pendants.
- Wrap the polishing cloth around the jewelry and gently rub in a circular motion to clean and polish the metal. After multiple uses you will see a black build up on the cloth - don’t worry this is the cloth doing it’s job. Once the cloth is mostly black on both sides it’s time for a new one.
- If you need to get some polishing cloths for your jewelry we recommend Sunshine Polishing Cloths or Connoisseurs Jewlery Dry Disposable Wipes
No. 3 : Wear in the Shower
- Yup! We’re not kidding. As long as your piece doesn't contain gemstones that shouldn’t get soaked in water (a quick google search will you) then feel free to shower in your gold fill jewelry from time to time. It will get clean from the warm water and mild soap or shampoo you use.
- Just make sure not to use any exfoliating scrubs or bars near it. Otherwise, the shower is the fastest and easiest way to remove any build up and unveil that beautiful golden shine!
We hope this was helpful! Make sure to save this post for future reference or send it to your jewelry loving friends. They will thank you for it. 🤍
P.S. if your gold fill jewelry contains gemstones check to see if yours is safe in water. Turquoise and opal should not be submerged in water.
Leave a comment